What is SEO? This is a very common question that we hear. So, in simple words SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. Now what is this Search Engine Optimization and why is it so famous these days? Search Engine Optimization is one of the main branches of Digital Marketing. This is the process of optimizing a website so as to rank higher in Search Engine Results Pages or SERPs. All businesses, websites, blogs & channels can benefit from SEO as it brings a lot of organic traffic to your sites. SEO is a time taking process, but for the optimization process, you don’t have to pay Google or any other social media options a single penny. Search Engine Optimization, though time-taking, yields long lasting results. All you need to do is to keep up our work of optimizing the website regularly.
What Are the Different Types of SEO?
SEO is a continuous process and is diversified into various sub-fields. SEO includes the following different types of Services:
- On Page SEO
- Off Page SEO
- Technical SEO
- Local SEO
What is On Page SEO:
All the optimization processes that happen on the website pages comes under the term “On Page SEO”. Now what are the processes that are included in On Page SEO?
- Keyword Research to find out keywords with Search Volume & ease of ranking.
- Making Titles & Description by including these keywords.
- Updating content with respect to the keywords, by including keywords or its variations in the content, the subtitles and titles.
- Creating internal & external links from the pages so as to avoid it being an orphan page.
- Doing Image Optimization, by checking image types, giving alt text to the images etc.
What is Off Page SEO:
All optimization processes that happen out of your websites, but to help with ranking them comes under the term “Off Page SEO”. Now let us look at what these activities are
- Inbound Links or Backlinks are one of the main things that do affect ranking. Though Google prefers them to be built in a natural way, there are many companies who buy them, but being the best SEO Company in Trivandrum, we prefer to create them in a Google friendly manner so as to help our clients rank their websites.
- Second method is Social Media Marketing. People have become addicted to mobile these days. Social Media Platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat etc., are used by even Kids. So, it is important for a business to have their presence in these platforms and post relevant contents regularly.
- You Tube Videos, Blog Posts, Forum Posting, Publishing in Directories, sharing contents like Photos, Videos, Articles etc., on various platforms comes under the term Off Page SEO.
What is Local SEO?
As people started using Mobiles more and more, they have started searching for information about products, or queries in general, online. As Google do keep track of the location of searchers, there is a possibility that Google can show your store for the products that you sell. For this to happen, you have to have a physical store, with a Google My Business Account. Local SEO can help generate more footfalls in the physical store rather than to the Website. This account can be optimized with the following details:
- Optimized title & content for the store description with Proper Keywords.
- Adding Business Hours
- Adding location on the map with directions to the Store
- Publishing the Local Store Address
- Showing Availability of Products
- Publishing Reviews and Pictures of the store
What is Technical SEO?
Technical SEO starts with the process of Auditing the website, and then optimizing the website by removing all the technical issues or errors that can pull your rankings down. The steps involved in Technical SEO are as follows:
- Crawling the Site for Site Audit
- Analyze and find out the issues from the report
- Implement the required changes to make it optimized
- Monitor the site & find out how a website is performing, what is lacking, is the page indexed etc.
From the above detailed posts, you can get a brief but clear idea on what is Search Engine Optimization or SEO. We have looked at its different types and processes involved in each type. We plan on introducing more of these useful contents in the following posts. Adsomia, the best digital marketing agency in Kerala helps businesses in establishing their presence online by using various methods like SEO, SEM, SMM etc.